Weston to the power of three
- Credit: Archant
Weston Athletic Club members were kept busy with a 10k run at Haselbury Plucknett.
THREE events occupied Weston Athletic Club members over the last week, demonstrating there’s no rest for some during the holiday season.
First off, runners travelled to south Somerset to take on the annual Haselbury trail race - an off-road scenic 10k around the fields and footpaths near Haselbury Plucknett.
The evening’s events were dominated by rain and soggy conditions underfoot, but despite that, Guy Bradford went on to finish in 42.17, closely followed by Matt Wheeler in 42.52 and Adrian Noble in 43.26.
Guy and Adrian won their age categories, and Matt, Tony Hogg and Paul Snelling placed in theirs.
You may also want to watch:
Mary Nutley was the club’s first female to finish in 1.00.31. She was followed by Rachel Hedges in 1.05.12 and Julia Withers hot on her heels in 1.05.37. Mary was joined by Julie Shergold in placing in their category.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 4 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 5 Restaurant donates meals to key workers, teachers and pupils
- 6 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 7 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 8 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 9 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 10 Man jailed for filming women without their knowledge