Weston top the Premier League
Weston Under-19s sit on top of the remier Division of the Football Conference Youth League.
Weston Under-19s 3 Oxford United 2
FOLLOWING last season’s promotion, Weston Under-19s are top of the Premier Division of the Football Conference Youth League.
The Seagulls youngsters gave themselves the ideal start when Robbie Maggs fired home with a smart shot from the edge of the area on three minutes.
Little was seen of the visitors as an attacking force in the opening hour, but when Alan Musoke muscled in behind Jory Cureton, the home side where indebted to keeper Daniel Jackson who made a smart one-handed save.
You may also want to watch:
Weston were bossing the game and doubled the advantage on 36 minutes when Jake Mawford put in Maggs, who pulled the ball back for Mawford to net from close range.
It became 3-0 and the game seemingly over in first half injury time when a defence splitting ball from Cuereton put Maggs through on goal. The visiting keeper made a magnificent save Maggs’s effort, but Markus Bail was on hand to bundle home the loose ball.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 5 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 6 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 7 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 8 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 9 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
Oxford saw a shot crash against the underside of the bar on 51 minutes and with just over an hour gone, Oxford pulled two goals back and set up a grandstand finish.
The Under-19s travel to Basingstoke Town today (Wed) and the following Wednesday, entertain AFC Wimbledon (2pm).