Weston top the Premier League
Weston Under-19s sit on top of the remier Division of the Football Conference Youth League.
Weston Under-19s 3 Oxford United 2
FOLLOWING last season’s promotion, Weston Under-19s are top of the Premier Division of the Football Conference Youth League.
The Seagulls youngsters gave themselves the ideal start when Robbie Maggs fired home with a smart shot from the edge of the area on three minutes.
Little was seen of the visitors as an attacking force in the opening hour, but when Alan Musoke muscled in behind Jory Cureton, the home side where indebted to keeper Daniel Jackson who made a smart one-handed save.
You may also want to watch:
Weston were bossing the game and doubled the advantage on 36 minutes when Jake Mawford put in Maggs, who pulled the ball back for Mawford to net from close range.
It became 3-0 and the game seemingly over in first half injury time when a defence splitting ball from Cuereton put Maggs through on goal. The visiting keeper made a magnificent save Maggs’s effort, but Markus Bail was on hand to bundle home the loose ball.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 3 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 New leadership team for charity
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
Oxford saw a shot crash against the underside of the bar on 51 minutes and with just over an hour gone, Oxford pulled two goals back and set up a grandstand finish.
The Under-19s travel to Basingstoke Town today (Wed) and the following Wednesday, entertain AFC Wimbledon (2pm).