Weston unbeaten in friendlies
WATER POLO - Royal Navy 11 Weston 18 - WESTON'S pre-season friendlies under new captain Matt Vincent and veteran coach Mike Coles has ended undefeated with victory over the Royal Navy.
Royal Navy 11
WESTON'S pre-season friendlies under new captain Matt Vincent and veteran coach Mike Coles has ended undefeated with victory over the Royal Navy.
The first quarter was a close affair, with both teams playing with caution and it ended 2-2.
You may also want to watch:
In the second quarter, Weston started to show their organisation at the back with Vincent, Morgan and Rhian looking solid and the team restricting the Navy's shooting opportunities with some good play.
Weston were also dangerous on the counter attack with Coles, Edwards and Gahame looking strong and quick and scoring some fine goals. The second quarter ended 8-3in Weston's favour.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 5 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 6 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 7 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 8 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 9 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
The third quarter started in the same fashion with Coles leading the attack and scoring some quality goals and setting up goals for Gahame. Maloney, Farence and Goures showed good form and added to the total with the third quarter ending 13-6.
In the last quarter, Weston's superior fitness was showing as the Navy resorted to old fashioned tactics to try and disrupt Weston's possession. This didn't work and more goals were added to the total.
Weston welcomed back Si Farence and Dan Rhian to the side after a number of years out of the game as they bring much needed experience. Man of the match, sponsored by the Woolpack, went to junior player Gahame, who gave a mature performance and four goals. Many thanks to Joy Coles who ran the table.
Training is on Thursdays at 9pm for seniors and Sundays at 6pm for all. New players welcome, for more information please visit www.weston-super-mare-swimming-club.co.uk