Weston Under-18s celebrate league and cup double
- Credit: Archant
Weston Under-18s squad is flying high having lifted both the Somerset Floodlight Youth League Premier Division Cup and the Roger Stone Memorial Cup.
THE Weston Under-18 squad is flying high having lifted both the Somerset Floodlight Youth League Premier Division Cup and the Roger Stone Memorial Cup all within two weeks of each other.
In a thrilling encounter with Taunton Town at the Viridor Stadium, the Seagulls scored two goals through Tyler Davis and were seemingly on their way to the first league title in a couple of years.
But Taunton Town scored twice in two minutes to make it 2-2. Both teams pressed hard for the winner and it came from George King, who scored in front of 150 supporters.
The cup last night was presented to the winning team by chairman Les Jordan.
You may also want to watch:
League secretary Richard Sloane thanked Taunton Town for their hospitality and said the standard of skill within the league is absolutely superb and shows why so many clubs want to be part of this league.
The Roger Stone Cup final was played at the Woodspring Stadium in early April against Yate Town. The Seagulls won another hard-fought battle in front of a record crowd of 210.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 5 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 8 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week
- 9 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 10 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
This has been a highly successful year and credit must go to Ryan Northmore and his coaching team of Dan Jackson, Jerry White and Ricky Bennett. At the recent awards night, the squad were presented with the Roger Stone Cup.