Weston victorious in first league match
Weston won their first league match of the season following last year’s promotion.
WESTON secured their first win of the season in their new higher league of Central 2.
Weston travelled to Westbury at Combe Dingle sports complex, where their team looked to make an impression against a young Weston side.
You may also want to watch:
The match began well for Weston which resulted in a penalty corner being awarded. An accurate push from Beer made its way to the top of the D. A slap strike from Sully was saved by the keeper, but the ball fell for Brees to cross the ball for Beer to deflect into the bottom corner.
The visitors had to defend a few breaks of play from Westbury, who created a few short corner chances. But these was well cut out by Sully, Hector and Beer in the D area, keeping calm under pressure.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 6 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
Brees and Dale went off injured, which unsettled the Weston defence, but was soon dealt well by McCarthy, playing in an unfamiliar position.
The second half saw Weston suffer a lapse in concentration and Westbury continued to be awarded short corners and found a goal. Weston fought to the end and were rewarded for their efforts with victory.
The Seymour Roofing man of the match was awarded to Heal.