Weston Walking Footballers raise £500 in support of local Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Weston’s successful Walking Football team, who have won numerous tournaments across the country, have raised £500 for Weston Hospital.
All this comes just a couple of weeks after the first team personally reached out to their season ticket holders by offering phone calls with Manager Scott Bartlett and The Club’s Media and Events Partner, ConciergeUK, offered to collect perceptions and essential food.
Players Doug Hill, Lach Geddes, Gilles Parra, Keith Seabourne and Arie Van Vliet all wanted to help support Weston Hospital during these unprecedented times and have set up a fundraising page.
This page is open for other players and to the public in hopes more money can be raised.
The team have also released a video with pictures of the players holding up ‘Thank you NHS’ banners to further show their support.
When asked about the fundraising Van Vliet said:
“As a team, we would like to say thank you to all the workers who are out putting their life’s on the line to keep us safe and keep the country working.
You may also want to watch:
“These include all key and frontline workers in the NHS, supermarkets, refuse collectors, delivery drivers, and many more. They are keeping us going.
“Once again a massive thank you and hopefully people won’t forget you all in the future after we get back to normal.
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Former Weston loanee Waite confirms Cardiff City departure
- 3 May 17: Restaurants reopen indoors and soft play areas welcome youngsters
- 4 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 5 May 17: Backwell pool reopens after £400k works
- 6 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 7 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 8 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 9 Potter hails 'invaluable' Cheddar experience will help at Wells City
- 10 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
Stay safe and well”.
You can find the link to the page here https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/weston-walking-football1.