Weston's walking footballers chase treble at WFA South West Championships
- Credit: Archant
Weston AFC’s walking football team are looking to win a unique treble when they enter the Walking Football Association South West championships next month at The Optima Stadium.
Player-Manager Lach Geddes has entered a team in each of the three age groups, over-50, over-60 and over-65.
The Seagulls are current holders of the over-50 title after beating Plymouth Argyle in the final two years ago.
Geddes has this year entered teams from two other older age groups, with Arie Van Vliet the manager of the over-60s and custodian John Hembrow the over-65s manager.
“It would be great to win the treble and we have a great chance of doing that as we have a great set-up here at Weston, but we are all just grateful to be playing again,” said Geddes.
You may also want to watch:
“We appreciate what the key workers have and are doing, keeping the country going and they are the real heroes in today's situation and we cannot thank them enough.”
The tournaments are being coordinated by Danny Ward, the WFA South West representative, who has also played for Weston.
- 1 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 2 School to host outdoor open day
- 3 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 4 North Somerset startup to supply face masks for Team GB skaters
- 5 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 9 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 10 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house