Weston Warriors in the news
- Credit: Archant
Weston Warriors Kickboxing Club are in the news with Zoe Hackwood drawing her fight against a Thai boxing champion and ITV News interviewing Brooklyn Chamberlain, Lewis Mulhall and Stuart Davies.
WESTON Warriors Kickboxing Club are in the news with Zoe Hackwood drawing her fight against a Thai boxing champion and ITV News interviewing Brooklyn Chamberlain, Lewis Mulhall and Stuart Davies.
Zoe Hackwood had a tough fight in Exeter against an experienced Thai boxing champion. The fight saw Zoe produce a draw in front of the home fighter’s crowd. Zoe will be fighting again in two weeks at the fight night held at Hutton Moor sports centre on August 17, as will Lewis Mulhall.
Lewis and Brooklyn will be competing all weekend in various sections at the WUMA world championships in Switzerland. Both fighters qualified over the past 12 months to gain their British team place and will be flying the flag for Weston Warriors.
Chief instructor Stuart Davies said: “I’m so proud of the lads representing Team GB as I did back in 2001 and 2004. It is a great accomplishment and really shows determination and dedication.
You may also want to watch:
“The club is nearly 20 years old and has produced some great champions at all ages and weights of which Lewis and Brooklyn are continuing to uphold this successful tradition. I am sure they will win titles this weekend.”
The Weston Warriors will be out in force on the Fight Factor fight night on August 17 with Ethan Chew, Jake Kenny and Keeten Dent all in action.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 4 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 5 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
- 8 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 9 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 10 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
The Weston Warrriors kickboxing team train at Sweat Fitness Academy and will be opening an all-new amateur boxing and martial arts centre at Worle Industrial Estate in the following weeks.
For further information, please call 01934 629199 or visit www.sweatfa.com A new beginners’ course is starting in the first week in September.
Brooklyn Chamberlain being interviewed by ITV News.