Weston Warriors in the news
- Credit: Archant
Weston Warriors Kickboxing Club are in the news with Zoe Hackwood drawing her fight against a Thai boxing champion and ITV News interviewing Brooklyn Chamberlain, Lewis Mulhall and Stuart Davies.
WESTON Warriors Kickboxing Club are in the news with Zoe Hackwood drawing her fight against a Thai boxing champion and ITV News interviewing Brooklyn Chamberlain, Lewis Mulhall and Stuart Davies.
Zoe Hackwood had a tough fight in Exeter against an experienced Thai boxing champion. The fight saw Zoe produce a draw in front of the home fighter’s crowd. Zoe will be fighting again in two weeks at the fight night held at Hutton Moor sports centre on August 17, as will Lewis Mulhall.
Lewis and Brooklyn will be competing all weekend in various sections at the WUMA world championships in Switzerland. Both fighters qualified over the past 12 months to gain their British team place and will be flying the flag for Weston Warriors.
Chief instructor Stuart Davies said: “I’m so proud of the lads representing Team GB as I did back in 2001 and 2004. It is a great accomplishment and really shows determination and dedication.
You may also want to watch:
“The club is nearly 20 years old and has produced some great champions at all ages and weights of which Lewis and Brooklyn are continuing to uphold this successful tradition. I am sure they will win titles this weekend.”
The Weston Warriors will be out in force on the Fight Factor fight night on August 17 with Ethan Chew, Jake Kenny and Keeten Dent all in action.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
The Weston Warrriors kickboxing team train at Sweat Fitness Academy and will be opening an all-new amateur boxing and martial arts centre at Worle Industrial Estate in the following weeks.
For further information, please call 01934 629199 or visit www.sweatfa.com A new beginners’ course is starting in the first week in September.
Brooklyn Chamberlain being interviewed by ITV News.