Weston Willows make it three in a row
- Credit: Archant
Weston Willows Under-11 girls defeated Winscombe by 72 runs to extend their winning run to three matches.
Weston Willows Under-11 girls extended their winning streak with a 72-run victory at home to Winscombe.
Lottie Dewhirst and debutante Amelia Bullock set the tone for the innings making 22 from their four overs and sensible running from the whole team pushed Weston’s total to a daunting 308 from 20 overs (start on 200).
Alana Burstow top scored with 17 from 11 balls, including a huge smash over mid-wicket for four. She was supported by Bonnie Gready and Poppy Hopper, who showed a lot of maturity to give the strike back to the senior batter.
After tea, Weston bowled a consistent line and length restricting the visitors throughout, but the loss of 10 wickets proved too much for Winscombe to recover from, as they finished on 236.
You may also want to watch:
Wickets were shared around the team with two each for Holly McLauglin, Bobbie-Lee Kingston and Alice Bird with consecutive deliveries, Aimee Davidson, Bonnie Gready, Alana, Lottie and Amelia with one apiece.
Highlight of an exceptional fielding display was the direct run-out from the boundary by Holly.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 4 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 7 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 8 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 9 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 10 Go Again complete sponsored walk from Ashton Gate to Optima
Forte Financial Star player of the day was Alice Bird.