Weston win inter-club challenge
Weston Aerobic Gymnastic Club and Splitz gymnasts took part in the inter-club challenge.
WESTON Aerobic Gymnastics Club hosted the annual inter-club challenge between themselves and Splitz gymnastics last weekend.
With over 100 recreational and development gymnasts taking part in a skills competition, the gymnasts performed in front of packed crowd of parents and supporters.
Although it was a competition with the emphasis on participation, it became obvious that all the gymnasts had been training hard. With all the medals hard fought for, the smallest of errors cost gymnasts valuable points
The gymnasts competed on beam, vault, floor and springboard, with the standard improving across the age ranges, making judging for the panel of five judges very difficult.
You may also want to watch:
In the end it was Weston who proved triumphant, winning the inter-club challenge trophy.
Results – age three: gold: Grace Brown (Weston); silver: Matthew Tossell (Weston); bronze: Ben Collins (Weston). Age four-five: Gold: Charlie Baker (Weston); silver: Ruby Johnson (Splitz); bronze: Mia Croker (Splitz). Age six-seven: gold: Charlie Barnfield (Weston); silver: Lewis Harvey (Weston); bronze: Max Hutchinson (Weston).
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 4 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
Age eight, nine and 10: Gold: Millie Meese (Weston); silver: Ella Mae Paige (Weston); bronze: Xena Hewett (Weston). Age 11 plus: Gold: Harmony Potter (Weston); silver: Emma Heeney (Weston); bronze: Ben Payne (Weston).