Weston win inter-club challenge
Weston Aerobic Gymnastic Club and Splitz gymnasts took part in the inter-club challenge.
WESTON Aerobic Gymnastics Club hosted the annual inter-club challenge between themselves and Splitz gymnastics last weekend.
With over 100 recreational and development gymnasts taking part in a skills competition, the gymnasts performed in front of packed crowd of parents and supporters.
Although it was a competition with the emphasis on participation, it became obvious that all the gymnasts had been training hard. With all the medals hard fought for, the smallest of errors cost gymnasts valuable points
The gymnasts competed on beam, vault, floor and springboard, with the standard improving across the age ranges, making judging for the panel of five judges very difficult.
You may also want to watch:
In the end it was Weston who proved triumphant, winning the inter-club challenge trophy.
Results – age three: gold: Grace Brown (Weston); silver: Matthew Tossell (Weston); bronze: Ben Collins (Weston). Age four-five: Gold: Charlie Baker (Weston); silver: Ruby Johnson (Splitz); bronze: Mia Croker (Splitz). Age six-seven: gold: Charlie Barnfield (Weston); silver: Lewis Harvey (Weston); bronze: Max Hutchinson (Weston).
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 4 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 9 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
Age eight, nine and 10: Gold: Millie Meese (Weston); silver: Ella Mae Paige (Weston); bronze: Xena Hewett (Weston). Age 11 plus: Gold: Harmony Potter (Weston); silver: Emma Heeney (Weston); bronze: Ben Payne (Weston).