Weston win pool duel
Town’s swimmers emerge victorious in annual match against Clevedon
COACHES from Weston and Clevedon swimming clubs like to end the season on a high and, for the second year running, Hutton Moor was the venue for the Duel In The Pool.
The first four relays gave Weston their first four wins with fantastic split times from Kate Davies, Nick Kuht and Becca Lucas. All four 12 and under girls freestyle teams finished in the top five, with only the Clevedon ‘A’ Team depriving Weston of overall dominance.
The 20 individual events gave Weston 17 first places. The highlight was event 11, the girls 12 and under 50m freestyle. Of the eight swimmers who took part, Weston’s Becca Lucas, Millie Dadds, Esme Bird and Lauren Gifford finished in the top four positions, producing some fantastic times.
The last set of relays brought a further four wins for the Weston teams, with the 12 and under girls repeating their success from earlier in the evening.
The night finished with SKINS, a continuous competition whereby competitors race against themselves over a number of rounds, each starting after a fixed time from the start of the previous round. The slowest swimmer in each round is eliminated, until an eventual winner is found.
The atmosphere was electric and the final results saw a win for Clevedon in the male SKINS and for Weston - Lucy Titchin - in the female SKINS.
- 1 Council urges North Somerset to follow Omicron rules
- 2 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 3 Castle Batch monument uncovered
- 4 7 rescue pets looking for forever homes this Christmas in Somerset
- 5 Business park to off-set carbon emissions
- 6 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Somerset?
- 7 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
- 8 Christmas lights switch-on and festivities announced for Weston
- 9 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 10 Sovereign Centre boss crowned manager of the year
If you are interested in becoming part of WSM Swimming Club, e-mail Rachel at email@example.com or Tina at firstname.lastname@example.org