Weston win pool duel
Town’s swimmers emerge victorious in annual match against Clevedon
COACHES from Weston and Clevedon swimming clubs like to end the season on a high and, for the second year running, Hutton Moor was the venue for the Duel In The Pool.
The first four relays gave Weston their first four wins with fantastic split times from Kate Davies, Nick Kuht and Becca Lucas. All four 12 and under girls freestyle teams finished in the top five, with only the Clevedon ‘A’ Team depriving Weston of overall dominance.
The 20 individual events gave Weston 17 first places. The highlight was event 11, the girls 12 and under 50m freestyle. Of the eight swimmers who took part, Weston’s Becca Lucas, Millie Dadds, Esme Bird and Lauren Gifford finished in the top four positions, producing some fantastic times.
The last set of relays brought a further four wins for the Weston teams, with the 12 and under girls repeating their success from earlier in the evening.
You may also want to watch:
The night finished with SKINS, a continuous competition whereby competitors race against themselves over a number of rounds, each starting after a fixed time from the start of the previous round. The slowest swimmer in each round is eliminated, until an eventual winner is found.
The atmosphere was electric and the final results saw a win for Clevedon in the male SKINS and for Weston - Lucy Titchin - in the female SKINS.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 3 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 4 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 5 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 6 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 7 Which services will be open and closed during tier three in North Somerset?
- 8 Lockdown chef launches cook-along YouTube channel
- 9 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 10 Weston College principal receives award on BBC television show
If you are interested in becoming part of WSM Swimming Club, e-mail Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tina at email@example.com