Weston win Somerset Youth Cup
Weston Under-18s 3 Winscombe Undr-18 2
Weston Under-18s 3
Winscombe Undr-18 2
WESTON won the Somerset Floodlit Youth League Cup thanks to an injury-time goal in an entertaining end-to-end contest.
Weston opened the scoring on 19 minutes when, from Chris Taylor's deep corner, Nick Jones beat Winscombe keeper Callum Murray with a lob from the edge of the penalty area.
You may also want to watch:
After hitting the crossbar in the first half, Winscombe equalised on 54 minutes when Sam King scored from the penalty spot. Weston were back in front three minutes later when Jones headed in Dayle Grubb's free kick in a scramble.
The sides were level again on 56 minutes when Evan Day powered in a header from a corner and the game looked to be heading for extra time until skipper Grubb burst through on the left, cut in on the bye-line and set up Dan Hartley for a close-range tap-in.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 3 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 4 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 5 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 6 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 7 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 8 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
Weston squad: Ben Dancey, Dan Pitman, Henry Gumble, Mason Gardner, Josh Evans, Nick Somers, Nick Jones, Dan Hartley, James Parker, Dale Grubb, Chris Taylor, Adam Filer, Tom Fromy, Jake Hannam, Ryan Hodrien, Ricky Bennett.