Weston winger moves to Bath City
- Credit: Weston FC
BATH City have signed Seagulls winger Ross Stearn, according to the club’s website.
The 22-year-old helped Weston achieve a record seventh place finish this season in the Blue Square South table.
However he has decided to leave the Woodspring Stadium just three months after rejecting the chance to move to Bath, while Weston were hunting promotion.
Weston have yet to confirm the move but Blue Square South rivals Bath City issued a statement last night announcing the capture.
Stearn tweeted last night: “I would like to thank everyone at the club and wish them every success in the future.
You may also want to watch:
“Exciting times ahead as I will be a Bath City player for the forthcoming season. Let’s hope for a good one.”
Manager Craig Laird told the Mercury last week contract negotiations were taking place and he wanted to keep hold of the squad he had assembled.
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Former Weston loanee Waite confirms Cardiff City departure
- 3 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 4 May 17: Restaurants reopen indoors and soft play areas welcome youngsters
- 5 May 17: Backwell pool reopens after £400k works
- 6 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 7 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 8 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 9 Potter hails 'invaluable' Cheddar experience will help at Wells City
- 10 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
But Stearn has decided to leave the club for a second time in his career, just one season after he was signed from Chippenham Town.