Weston youths reach first round property of the FA Cup
Weston’s youth side reached the first round proper of the FA Youth Cup, just like their senior side.
WESTON UNDER-18s 3
CIRENCESTER TOWN UNDER-18s 1
WESTON’S youth side emulated their senior colleagues by reaching the first round proper of the FA Youth Cup in an entertaining game with both sides playing attractive football.
The visitors, from Cirencester Academy, took the lead on 11 minutes from the penalty spot when Jack Harris sent keeper Ryan Scott the wrong way.
You may also want to watch:
Weston had to wait until the 51st minute for the equaliser when Tyler Davis scored in a scramble. Kailan Gould put the Seagulls in front on 61 minutes when he burst through on his own.
With the game going into added-on time, Cirencester were awarded a corner and keeper Josh Langley went upfield to help his attack. The danger was cleared however, and with Langley stranded in Weston’s half, Gould let fly from almost halfway and found the empty net.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 3 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 4 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 Hospital trust defends patient-to-nurses ratio increase
- 7 Weston shop offering personalised fudge gift boxes
- 8 Airport to receive £8million grant to 'protect jobs'
- 9 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
Next up for Weston in the competition will be away to Cheltenham Town.