Wet match at Shiplate
- Credit: Archant
The latest Shiplate Farm Winter Series finished in a downpour.
ROUND six of the Shiplate Farm Winter Series was held on the Hawthorns and Westpool match lakes.
Weather conditions were damp and blustery and the match finished in a downpour, so most anglers were wet by the end of the match.
Russ Peck drew peg 12 on the Westpool, fished the pole to the far shelf using maggot for bait, feeding micro pellet and won the match with 47lb 8oz, closely followed by Steve Howell who drew peg five Hawthorns, and bagged 42lb to take second place.
Section winers were Dean Malin (peg 15 Westpool), 38lb 9oz and jointly Alan Healey (peg 15 Hawthorns) and Tom Light (peg 9 Hawthorns), both weighing in 28lb 1oz.
You may also want to watch:
Silvers went to Gordon Jones (peg 13 Hawthorns) 8lb 4oz and John Hawkins (peg 10 Westpool) 4lb 9oz.
Results: Russ Peck (Thatchers) P12 W, 47lb 8oz; Steve Howell (Shiplate) P5 H, 42lb; Dean Malin (Shimano Dynamite Baits) P15 W, 38lb 9oz; Andy France (Cadbury Angling) P8 W, 33lb 1oz; Jason Bird (Frys) P 3 W, 28lb 14oz; Alan Healey (Frys) P15 H and Tom Light (Shiplate) P9 H.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 6 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course