Wet match at Shiplate
- Credit: Archant
The latest Shiplate Farm Winter Series finished in a downpour.
ROUND six of the Shiplate Farm Winter Series was held on the Hawthorns and Westpool match lakes.
Weather conditions were damp and blustery and the match finished in a downpour, so most anglers were wet by the end of the match.
Russ Peck drew peg 12 on the Westpool, fished the pole to the far shelf using maggot for bait, feeding micro pellet and won the match with 47lb 8oz, closely followed by Steve Howell who drew peg five Hawthorns, and bagged 42lb to take second place.
Section winers were Dean Malin (peg 15 Westpool), 38lb 9oz and jointly Alan Healey (peg 15 Hawthorns) and Tom Light (peg 9 Hawthorns), both weighing in 28lb 1oz.
You may also want to watch:
Silvers went to Gordon Jones (peg 13 Hawthorns) 8lb 4oz and John Hawkins (peg 10 Westpool) 4lb 9oz.
Results: Russ Peck (Thatchers) P12 W, 47lb 8oz; Steve Howell (Shiplate) P5 H, 42lb; Dean Malin (Shimano Dynamite Baits) P15 W, 38lb 9oz; Andy France (Cadbury Angling) P8 W, 33lb 1oz; Jason Bird (Frys) P 3 W, 28lb 14oz; Alan Healey (Frys) P15 H and Tom Light (Shiplate) P9 H.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 4 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 5 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 6 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 7 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 8 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
- 9 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 10 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory