News update from Hornets Rugby Club.
AFTER last season’s promotion as Somerset Premier League champions, Hornets have made a cracking start to the new season under head player /coach Phil Hogarth and his team of Jon Richardson and Jamie Biddle.
There is a patrons’ lunch prior to this week’s home fixture against Bristol Harlequins, could all who have yet to confirm please do so by contacting Dave Chapman or John Brennan the clubhouse manager.
All past players are invited to a pre-match lunch on November 19 at 1pm, the cost will be �10 per head to include beer tokens and lunch, when Hornets 1st XV take on Whitehall. To book your place call the club on 621433 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
After 49 years of service to the club, Malcolm Venn and Neil Cowlin have been made life members. Both played in the first club season where the first opponents were St Mary’s Old Boys on September15, 1962. Both are still active in the running of the club, it’s great to see their services have been rewarded.
You may also want to watch:
Following another successful year, Hornets Golf Society has seen over 70 members play at courses throughout the area including a trip to Spain. On December 28, they will be holding the prestigious Jim Toman Memorial Cup at Weston Golf Club and it is hoped to exceed the 54 entrants who participated last year.
With the club approaching its 50th anniversary, they plan to kick off the celebrations with a black tie diner dance on May 19, 2012, featuring the Cheatles, a Beatles tribute band.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 3 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 7 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 8 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 9 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 10 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
Tickets can be purchased from the club either in tables of 10 or �40 per person. For more details, contact Steve Datchler on 07947 337899 or Paul Davidson on 07710 163629.