Wheelers launch new ride
- Credit: Archant
Weston Wheelers has launched a new 10-mile ride, open to all cyclists.
WESTON Wheelers launched the new Grand Pier 10-mile ride, which is open to all cyclists.
The new ride from Priory School to the Grand Pier forms the main Sunday club run. The weekend’s ride took the cyclists up Bleadon Hill to Lympsham and onto Brent Knoll.
A flat ride through Mark and Wedmore took them to Cheddar. This time, the Wheelers tackled the Shipham Hill climb and the Longbottom climb over the Mendips and down Burrington Coombe.
From there, they had a steady ride back via Wrington and St Georges, making it 55 miles of riding and 2,300ft of climbing.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks go to Ben, Luke, Daniel, Paul, Mike, Andrew, Merion, Greg, Andy, Chris and a warm welcome to Simon and Wayne.
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 RNLI believes return to Birnbeck Island 'the most credible option' for Weston
- 5 Worle opticians wins award
- 6 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 7 Wrington store nominated for best in South West
- 8 Cardiff City recall James Waite from loan spell with Weston
- 9 Housing groups preparing application to build medical centre in village
- 10 Weston woman celebrates 105th birthday