Will earns another podium place
- Credit: Archant
Motor racing star Will Burns earned another podium place, this time at Donington Park.
WILL Burns continues to challenge for this season’s Ginetta GT4 SuperCup title with a further podium score and high-placed finishes at the latest rounds at Donington Park in Leicestershire.
With rival and fellow second row sitter Tom Oliphant storming to the opening race victory, Will enjoyed a great dice with team-mate Breeze for third place, with the former champion hanging on to the final podium spot by only 0.3 seconds by the flag.
Starting race two in the position he finished the opener, Burns once again had an entertaining battle with all those around him, with the top five separated by only 1.7 seconds by the chequered flag.
Former British GT champion Michael Caine managed to pip Will to fourth place by 0.2 seconds by the race end.
You may also want to watch:
When the reversed grid draw was made for the weekend’s final race, to be broadcast live on ITV4, Caine was selected as the pole sitter, meaning Burns had to settle for a fifth place start.
On tyres which were now three races old, he scythed through the frontrunners, to comfortably sit in second position, just too far behind team-mate Orton to challenge for the victory.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
Will said: “This has been a bit of a bogey circuit for me in previous years,” explains Burns. “I’ve also only had limited testing at Donington Park compared to other circuits on the calendar. So I knew that I was slightly on the back foot.
“Second place was a cracking result. I’m already looking forward to the next rounds at Thruxton. We had our pre-weekend test there earlier this month, and I’m targeting a hat-trick of top five results to bank more crucial title points.”