Will earns two top six finishes at Thruxton
- Credit: Archant
Will Burns claimed two top six finishes at Thruxton in the Ginetta GT5 race series.
GINETTA GT5 driver Will Burns claimed two confidence-building top six finishes at Thruxton.
A blistering lap in qualifying lined him up sixth on the grid for the opening race and he drove well to hold his position at the end of the first of two races on the first day.
In race two, again from sixth position, Will challenged for fourth spot, but narrowly missed out, holding his starting position for the second time.
Will therefore started the following day’s race three in sixth place again, and after challenging for fourth, he made his move into the Club chicane on the final lap. Unfortunately, after some contact, he spun the car on the exit of the chicane and failed to finish.
You may also want to watch:
Burns said: “Throughout my short career in the Supercup to date, I felt that this was going to be my most difficult qualifying, but sixth equals my best finish and it has given me a lot of confidence going to Oulton Park on June 7-8 after this break.”
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Proposal for 96 new homes in Cheddar
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston