Will earns two top six finishes at Thruxton
- Credit: Archant
Will Burns claimed two top six finishes at Thruxton in the Ginetta GT5 race series.
GINETTA GT5 driver Will Burns claimed two confidence-building top six finishes at Thruxton.
A blistering lap in qualifying lined him up sixth on the grid for the opening race and he drove well to hold his position at the end of the first of two races on the first day.
In race two, again from sixth position, Will challenged for fourth spot, but narrowly missed out, holding his starting position for the second time.
Will therefore started the following day’s race three in sixth place again, and after challenging for fourth, he made his move into the Club chicane on the final lap. Unfortunately, after some contact, he spun the car on the exit of the chicane and failed to finish.
You may also want to watch:
Burns said: “Throughout my short career in the Supercup to date, I felt that this was going to be my most difficult qualifying, but sixth equals my best finish and it has given me a lot of confidence going to Oulton Park on June 7-8 after this break.”
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 7 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 10 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset