Will sets new fastest lap time
- Credit: Archant
Racing driver Will Burns recorded a hat-trick of first place finishes at Rockingham in the Ginetta GT5 Challenge series.
LOCAL racing driver Will Burns astounded rivals with a hat-trick of first place podium finishes and setting an unofficial track record in testing at Rockingham Motor Speedway in the Ginetta GT5 Challange.
He qualified convincingly in pole position for the first two races and recorded the official championship lap record during the first race.
After leading from start to finish in the first race, Will continued to dominate the second race, opening up a 14 second gap as he romped home. The third and final race saw Will record the fastest lap time to take the top podium position again.
Will, aged 22, and from Weston, is competing in his second full season of the Ginetta Challenge and drives for Academy Motorsport.
You may also want to watch:
This was the most successful weekend the team had seen and so this sets Will up for the remainder of the series with the potential to take the title. He now sits in second place, 10 points behind the leader after the second meeting of the seven meeting series.
Will would like to thank his current sponsors for their support to date. He is also looking for additional sponsors to help develop his success and ensure he is able to meet his potential.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Children as young as 11 being targeted by sexual predators, police warn
- 4 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 5 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
If anyone is interested in finding out more, please contact Will through his website www.willburnsracing.com