Win a pair of season tickets for Weston Football Club
- Credit: Archant
Excitement is building ahead with the new National League Season kicking off this weekend, and to celebrate the Mercury has a pair of season tickets to give away.
Weston Football Club are hoping to build upon a successful campaign last season, which saw them finish in 12th place – an impressive achievement with a young squad and inexperienced manager.
It was Marc McGregor’s first season at the helm, and he is confident his side can make a positive start in their first game at Wealdstone on Saturday.
He said: “The club’s in a really good position, it’s in good hands. It’s been a good pre-season, but we’ve got a long way to go.
“It doesn’t mean we’re going to be successful, but it gives us the best opportunity so there’s no hiding places.”
You may also want to watch:
The Seagulls’ first home game is on Tuesday, when Truro City visit the Woodspring Stadium for a 7.45pm kick off, and the lucky winner will have their prize in time for the game.
Long-serving goalkeeper Luke Purnell believes the squad has enjoyed the best pre-season he has had in his time at the club.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 5 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 6 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 7 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 8 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 9 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 10 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
He said: “This is the first pre-season I have turned up to where it feels professional.
“We’ve got the new 3G pitch and it just feels like we’re coming in for a purpose.
“In previous years we’ve used a cow field which wasn’t great.
“It’s the best pre-season I’ve had. It’s a lot more organised, and it allows the coaches to put on good sessions.”
* The Mercury has teamed up with Weston Football Club to offer a lucky reader the chance to win a pair of season tickets to see all the Seagulls’ home league games at the Woodspring Stadium.
To enter the competition, simply answer the following question by 10am on Monday.
By entering this competition you agree to be contacted by Archant about it.
Archant rules apply and the editor’s decision is final. Season ticket holders will not be able to receive a refund if they win.