Win tickets to star-studded Premier League Snooker
FOUR of the biggest names in snooker – with 11 World Championship final appearances between them – are coming to Weston next month, and the Mercury has 20 pairs of tickets to give away.
Premier League Snooker is returning to Weston for the third year running on October 6.
The PartyCasino.com event boasts a brand new format, but is coming to Hutton Moor Leisure Centre with its most star-studded line-up yet.
Heading the bill will be four-time world champ John Higgins, who will be locking horns with Welshman Matthew Stevens, who has returned to form and is shooting back up the rankings.
Alongside them, rising West Country star Judd Trump will be facing another Welshman, two-time world champ and current number one Mark Williams.
You may also want to watch:
In a change from previous years, the two matches will be played over a best of five format – and then the two winners will face off to find the night’s victor.
The tournament is renowned for its quick play, with a 20-second shot clock and new ball-in-hand rule for any fouls.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 'Bright future' for Weston high street
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 8 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 9 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
The idea is to speed up the game and make it more exciting – a move which could well suit speedy Bristolian Trump, who will be hoping for big support so close to his home turf.
Tickets are now available, priced at �16 or �10 for concessions, and can be ordered from Hutton Moor on 01934 425900.
However, the Mercury today has 20 pairs of tickets to give away to lucky winners – including a VIP package as a star prize, which includes a signed cue and a chance to meet the players.
To be in with a chance of winning, answer this question: Which of the four players competing at Weston on October 6 comes from Bristol?
Click on the link at the top right-hand side of this page, and leave your answer, together with your details.
The closing date is September 30, and usual Archant rules apply.