Win: VIP tickets to see Ronnie O’Sullivan
THE Mercury is today offering readers an exclusive chance to win two VIP tickets to see arguably snooker’s most popular ever player during a one-off exhibition match.
Ronnie O’Sullivan will be heading to Weston’s Allstars Sports Bar on October 14 in a nine-frame challenge match against exciting Maltese cueman Tony Drago.
The event - supported by the Mercury, Vauxhall and cider manufacturer Thatchers - will be refereed by the renowned Michaela Tabb, and also feature a trick-shot exhibition by Drago and a chance for spectators to join the stars in a doubles match.
It will be the first time Rocket Ronnie - a three-time snooker world champion - has played in Weston, and Allstars owner Peter Wallington says he is anticipating an exciting night at the Regent Street club.
Pete said: “We are very proud to have organised this event at Allstars. Ronnie is one of the biggest names in snooker and to bring him, along with Tony Drago and Michaela Tabb, to our sports bar is quite an achievement.”
You may also want to watch:
The event could have a big impact on a good cause too, with one of the sponsors, Vauxhall, promising to donate a �10,000 car to Against Breast Cancer if Ronnie manages a 147 maximum break.
Pete added: “This is a superb twist to the evening and we are hoping Ronnie can do the break for such a worthy charity.”
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
Two Mercury readers will be able to join guests at this one-off event, as we have a pair of VIP tickets to give away. VIP passes will guarantee winners prime seats, and also offer them a chance to meet the stars and have souvenir photos taken with them.
VIPs will also join the players to enjoy wine and a buffet - sponsored by Weston firms Hills Bakers and Salamis & Co - in a unique opportunity to mingle with their heroes.
To be in with a chance of winning, answer this question: How many times has Ronnie O’Sullivan won the snooker world championship?
To enter, click on the link on the top right-hand side of this page.
The closing date is September 23, and usual Archant rules apply.