Win: VIP tickets to see Ronnie O’Sullivan
THE Mercury is today offering readers an exclusive chance to win two VIP tickets to see arguably snooker’s most popular ever player during a one-off exhibition match.
Ronnie O’Sullivan will be heading to Weston’s Allstars Sports Bar on October 14 in a nine-frame challenge match against exciting Maltese cueman Tony Drago.
The event - supported by the Mercury, Vauxhall and cider manufacturer Thatchers - will be refereed by the renowned Michaela Tabb, and also feature a trick-shot exhibition by Drago and a chance for spectators to join the stars in a doubles match.
It will be the first time Rocket Ronnie - a three-time snooker world champion - has played in Weston, and Allstars owner Peter Wallington says he is anticipating an exciting night at the Regent Street club.
Pete said: “We are very proud to have organised this event at Allstars. Ronnie is one of the biggest names in snooker and to bring him, along with Tony Drago and Michaela Tabb, to our sports bar is quite an achievement.”
You may also want to watch:
The event could have a big impact on a good cause too, with one of the sponsors, Vauxhall, promising to donate a �10,000 car to Against Breast Cancer if Ronnie manages a 147 maximum break.
Pete added: “This is a superb twist to the evening and we are hoping Ronnie can do the break for such a worthy charity.”
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 4 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 Pilot dairy facility opens in food innovation centre
- 10 Weston schools to reintroduce extra-curricular clubs
Two Mercury readers will be able to join guests at this one-off event, as we have a pair of VIP tickets to give away. VIP passes will guarantee winners prime seats, and also offer them a chance to meet the stars and have souvenir photos taken with them.
VIPs will also join the players to enjoy wine and a buffet - sponsored by Weston firms Hills Bakers and Salamis & Co - in a unique opportunity to mingle with their heroes.
To be in with a chance of winning, answer this question: How many times has Ronnie O’Sullivan won the snooker world championship?
To enter, click on the link on the top right-hand side of this page.
The closing date is September 23, and usual Archant rules apply.