Windsor ease to victory over Athletico
The Windsor Castle defeated Athletico by four wickets in the Weston Midweek League.
IN DIVISION 1 of the Weston Midweek League, Jamie Biddle, Paul Marquis, and Ben Dauncey each took three wickets as the Windsor Castle restricted Athletico to 98 all out with A Plummer top scoring with 41.
In reply, Jermaine Jones made 29 and Mawford 23 to ensure a four wicket win with Ward taking 3-21.
Jason Parsons continued his good form with 67, but was outscored by team-mate Gabriel Counsell who made 90 as Lympsham Airways posted 259-3 against the Bar Stewards.
Their reply of 153 enabled them to pick up maximum batting points as Tom Gooding took 3-14 and Craig Scrivens bought two wickets at a cost of 48 runs.
You may also want to watch:
Athletico recorded a total of 215-7 against the Strollers with Andre Belcher scoring exactly 100 and Tom Ford 74, with D Henry taking 3-40. John Davidson scored 94 to put the Strollers in contention, but Kieran Chapman took 5-38 to end the challenge on 177-8.
In Division 2, Luke Morgan top scored with 28 as the Cleeve Ducks made 113-5 against the Parpagon Carriers, Geraint Reynolds taking 3-26. Ashleigh Joyner made 51 not out as the Carriers won by eight wickets.
- 1 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 2 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 7 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 8 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 9 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 10 Children as young as 11 being targeted by sexual predators, police warn
In the cup, the Presidents did well to dismiss East Huntspill for 91 with Rob Pomeroy scoring an invaluable 42 and B Robinson taking 4-13 off four overs.
However, their batsmen failed to handle I Phillips who took 6-13 off six overs as Huntspill won by 61 runs.
Athletico progressed to the next round with a 67-run victory over the Bar Stewards. They made 167-9 with S Frost making 56 and K Ward 37, K Jefferies taking 3-28 and M Davis 3-36. In reply, John Lodge made 29, but Connor Davidson took 4-32 and Ward 4-10 to put Athletico through.