Winning start for the 49ers
Weston 49ers started the new year with a well-deserved victory over Yeovil.
WESTON 49ers started the new year as they finished the last, in good form.
The team travelled to Yeovil for the return fixture and dominated from the start with Daz Paul winning 3-1 (20.04), Clint Harding 3-0 (24.64), Bob Hadley won 3-1 (23.96) and Mike Norton 3-0 (26.83), checking out 147 along the way.
On board two, it was more of the same with Roger Stansfield winning 3-0 (23.48), followed by wins for Paul Smith 3-0 (20.59), Adam McNally 3-0 (21.78), Ricky Harding 3-0 (24.64) and Steve Thirkettle 3-1 (20.63), giving the 49ers a 27-11 lead going into the pairs.
Yeovil won the first set 3-0, but Thirkettle and Hadley stopped the rot winning 3-1, before Yeovil won the next 3-2. On board two, Yeovil also won the first two sets, but Ricky Harding and John Anderson won 3-2, giving the 49ers a well-deserved 40-28 win.
You may also want to watch:
The 49ers would like to wish Daz Paul and his family all the best with their new life in Australia.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 3 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 4 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 5 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 10 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match