Winning start for the 49ers
Weston 49ers started the new year with a well-deserved victory over Yeovil.
WESTON 49ers started the new year as they finished the last, in good form.
The team travelled to Yeovil for the return fixture and dominated from the start with Daz Paul winning 3-1 (20.04), Clint Harding 3-0 (24.64), Bob Hadley won 3-1 (23.96) and Mike Norton 3-0 (26.83), checking out 147 along the way.
On board two, it was more of the same with Roger Stansfield winning 3-0 (23.48), followed by wins for Paul Smith 3-0 (20.59), Adam McNally 3-0 (21.78), Ricky Harding 3-0 (24.64) and Steve Thirkettle 3-1 (20.63), giving the 49ers a 27-11 lead going into the pairs.
Yeovil won the first set 3-0, but Thirkettle and Hadley stopped the rot winning 3-1, before Yeovil won the next 3-2. On board two, Yeovil also won the first two sets, but Ricky Harding and John Anderson won 3-2, giving the 49ers a well-deserved 40-28 win.
You may also want to watch:
The 49ers would like to wish Daz Paul and his family all the best with their new life in Australia.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 7 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 8 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 9 Go Again complete sponsored walk from Ashton Gate to Optima
- 10 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront