Winscombe Bowling rekindle old friendships with series of games
- Credit: Winscombe BC
Winscombe Bowling Club took on four sides - two men sides and two mixed teams - from around the country recently.
After taking on Abercam, from South Wales, which was won comfortably by Winscombe, Notts County were next.
Gifts and warm words were exchanged by the two captains, Lew Collier and Bernie Glover, in recognition of the long friendship, dating back to 1933, between the two clubs.
Notts County's Andy Bake then presented a lovely outdoor clock to the club and received various centenary gifts from Winscombe including two smaller clocks which Collier presented to Brian Clarke and Glover.
The match was a resounding win for Notts County as Winscombe won on just two rinks - the scores:-
You may also want to watch:
Winscombe 89 v Notts County 137:
W Ainsworth, K Whatling, P Fredersdorff, M Adams 18 -17; P John, M Rolls, B Kibble, N Hansford 8 -32; D Peakall, D Phillips, D Brown, G Coombe 13 - 22; G Keenan, R Lowis ,M Nash, J Sprouting 16 -27; P Cast, A Pow, M Dorrington, M Fletcher 23 - 17; M Newing,D Johnson, B Paul, T Ellis 11 - 22
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 3 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 4 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 5 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 9 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 10 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision
Teams from Portsmouth and Humberside also visited.