Mixed fortunes for Winscombe men
- Credit: Archant
Winscombe's men had mixed fortunes in their latest round of matches.
They fell to a 14-shot loss against Victoria Saxons in the Weston Over-60s League, taking five of the 20 points on offer.
And they went down by seven against Banwell in the NSBA Ko Cup, with four of the five rinks settled by just one shot.
But their A team won by eight at Clevedon B in the Somerset County League, while the B team lost by two to their Clevedon Prom rivals.
Winscombe Ladies lost in all four disciplines against Clevedon Prom in the Southey Cup, after a stunning win at Bridgwater in the first round.
Carol Hopes lost 23-19 in the singles, as Maureen Sprouting and Margaret Howell were well beaten by 22 shots in the pairs.
Shelley Carson, Angela Bougourd and Chrissie Bryant lost by two on the last end in the triples, with Pauline Pow, Yvonne Attwood, Lorna Whatling and Joan Hunt were always behind in the fours and lost 25-16.
- 1 'Unavoidable' delays push back pier-to-pier cycle way between Weston and Clevedon
- 2 Man jailed over theft and fraud at Worle butchers
- 3 Police warn drivers ahead of M5 fuel protests
- 4 Fire in freezer unit at Weston supermarket
- 5 Weston woman wins settlement after police records described her as violent
- 6 Garden centre opens GOLF COURSE for shoppers
- 7 Firm's new depot at Avonmouth creates 10 jobs
- 8 Forest school 'like no other' is helping change the lives of children
- 9 Thugs targeted elderly couple's motorhome as they slept during Weston Air Show
- 10 Covid cases rise: 1-in-30 estimated to be positive
And there were two big losses suffered against Long Ashton and Clevedon Prom in the North Somerset Triples League.
Weston Over-60s League, Winscombe 99 (5) Victoria Saxons 113 (15): G Keenan, K Whatling, M Adams 22-23; A Rowe, T Stone, J Sprouting 12-21; D Brown, W Andrews, G Coombe 14-23; D Peakall, R Lacy, T Ellis 16-12; M Nash, C Bryant, G Neville 18-18; M Newing , W Ainsworth, A Watts 17-16.
NSBA KO Cup, Winscombe 93 Banwell 100: P John, R Kibble, M Dorrington, G Neville 17-22; C Greenwood, W Ainsworth, R Lacy, T Ellis 18-19; M Newing, C Bryant, J Sprouting, A Watts 20-19; M Nash, D Tape, T Stone, M Adams 17-18; G Keenan, D Brown, B Andrews, G Coombe 21-22.
SCL, Clevedon B 54 (3) Winscombe A 62 (9): M Newing, C Bryant, M Dorrington, G Neville 16-27; T Rowe, D Tape, R Lacy, M Adams 17-17; G Keenan, D Brown, W Andrews, G Coombe 29-10.
Clevedon Prom B 59 (10) Winscombe B 57 (2): P Cast, M Nash, P Fredersdorff, T Stone 19-18; M Rolls, K Whatling, M Smart, W Ainsworth 24-14; D Leach, A Pow, R Kibble, A Watts 26-15.
Southey Cup, Winscombe 0 Clevedon Prom 4
North Somerset Triples, Winscombe 34 Long Ashton 65: Pauline Pow, Angela Bougourd, Angela Ainsworth 10-25; Carol Hopes, Joan Hunt, Chrissie Bryant 11-22; Shelley Carson, Margaret Howell, Maureen Sprouting 13-18.
Winscombe 25 Clevedon Prom 77: C Hopes, A Bougord, C Bryant 8-21; Pauline Pow, Lorna Whatling, Joan Hunt 11-15; Shelley Carson, Sheila Nash (retired), Maureen Sprouting, Margaret Howell 6-41.