Winscombe cruise to victory
Jury Cureton and David Bailey guided Winscombe seconds to victory over Peasedown St John.
WINSCOMBE seconds entertained Peasdown St John and asked the visitors to bat first.
Peasdown made steady progress, with Winscombe struggling to take wickets and after 20 overs, Peasdown were 120-2. However, Winscombe eventually restricted the visitors to 199-5 of their 45 overs.
The pick of the Winscombe bowlers was Jury Cureton who finished with 3-45.
Winscombe struggled early on and were 30-3 before Dave Bailey came to the crease and was soon joined by Cureton who managed to steady the ship.
You may also want to watch:
They were both cautious early on, but after a while picked up the pace and began to find boundaries at regular intervals.
With both still at the crease, Winscombe’s victory came with two overs to spare as Cureton finished on 66 not out and Bailey 89 not out.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 5 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 6 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 7 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
- 8 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown