Winscombe cruise to victory
Jury Cureton and David Bailey guided Winscombe seconds to victory over Peasedown St John.
WINSCOMBE seconds entertained Peasdown St John and asked the visitors to bat first.
Peasdown made steady progress, with Winscombe struggling to take wickets and after 20 overs, Peasdown were 120-2. However, Winscombe eventually restricted the visitors to 199-5 of their 45 overs.
The pick of the Winscombe bowlers was Jury Cureton who finished with 3-45.
Winscombe struggled early on and were 30-3 before Dave Bailey came to the crease and was soon joined by Cureton who managed to steady the ship.
You may also want to watch:
They were both cautious early on, but after a while picked up the pace and began to find boundaries at regular intervals.
With both still at the crease, Winscombe’s victory came with two overs to spare as Cureton finished on 66 not out and Bailey 89 not out.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 4 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 9 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery