Winscombe cruise to victory
Winscombe cruised to victory against Middlezoy in their first home match of the season.
WINSCOMBE welcomed Middlezoy to the Rec for their first home game of the season.
Home skipper Coe won what looked to be a good toss and inserted the opposition and they applied pressure from the start with Clough (3-33) and Milnes-Win (1-34) making early inroads.
Winscombe’s change bowlers were also accurate and didn’t allow the Middlezoy batsmen to make get away. Wickets were shared between Peters (1-26), Cureton (2-19), Coe (1-5) and the ageless Vowles (1-12).
In reply, Winscombe’s top five each made it into double figures, aided by some generous fielding from the visitors. A patient partnership between Shephard (33) and Milnes-Win (64 not out) broke the back of the chase and Winscombe were able to reach their target in the 41st over.
You may also want to watch:
Winscombe’s second win of the season means that they will head to Cheddar this weekend with both sides having a 100 per cent record.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 'Bright future' for Weston high street