Winscombe cruise to victory
Winscombe cruised to victory against Middlezoy in their first home match of the season.
WINSCOMBE welcomed Middlezoy to the Rec for their first home game of the season.
Home skipper Coe won what looked to be a good toss and inserted the opposition and they applied pressure from the start with Clough (3-33) and Milnes-Win (1-34) making early inroads.
Winscombe’s change bowlers were also accurate and didn’t allow the Middlezoy batsmen to make get away. Wickets were shared between Peters (1-26), Cureton (2-19), Coe (1-5) and the ageless Vowles (1-12).
In reply, Winscombe’s top five each made it into double figures, aided by some generous fielding from the visitors. A patient partnership between Shephard (33) and Milnes-Win (64 not out) broke the back of the chase and Winscombe were able to reach their target in the 41st over.
You may also want to watch:
Winscombe’s second win of the season means that they will head to Cheddar this weekend with both sides having a 100 per cent record.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 10 Plan to build £30million second school site approved