Winscombe crushed by Frome
- Credit: Archant
Winscombe lost their last eight wickets for just 19 runs as they were well beaten by Frome.
WINSCOMBE hosted Frome as they looked to build on the previous two weeks’ impressive wins.
Jordan Peters has made a habit of picking up early wickets and this week removed Frome dangerman Alex Bleakley. Peters and Jory Cureton continued to bowl well, returning figures of 2-33 and 2-34 respectively.
Jack Fraser’s spell started in miserly fashion, with three of his first four overs being maidens. He continued to bowl economically in tandem with skipper Iain Fraser, and Jack finished with economical figures of 1-24.
Iain Fraser (3-38) bowled impressively as Frome finished on 208-8, opener Andrew Stonell top scoring with 100.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Coe and Jack Fraser went about the task of chasing down the Frome total. Both started brightly, before Coe fell for 14 with the score on 26. Overseas player Wally Wright built a partnership of 38 with Fraser, before being caught for 23.
From 64-2, the home side folded to 83 all out, leaving an understandably furious skipper stranded on nought not out.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
Winscombe will need to improve massively if their trip to Wellington on Saturday is not to become another batting disaster.