Winscombe emerge winners in derby
- Credit: Archant
Winscombe came out winners in this hard-fought derby encounter at Yatton.
Yatton 10 pts
Winscombe 31 pts
WINSCOMBE emerged winners in this hard-fought derby encounter against Yatton.
The home side took the lead with an early penalty as Winscombe struggled to get out of their own half. But Winscombe’s pressure eventually brought them an equalising penalty kick from Steve Pugh.
You may also want to watch:
Good play by Greg Brown, Fryer and Podpadec saw Adam Scrase brought down just short of the line. Soon after, James Flower and Jim Rutherford combined to set up Owen Howell to touch down, converted by Pugh.
Yatton replied with a run of four successive line-outs, three from penalty kicks to touch, and from the final one they executed a clever move to squeeze over in the corner. A fine touchline conversion drew the half to a close with the scores level.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
After the break, Podpadec scooped up a loose ball to race to within two metres of the line, but Howell was in support to burrow over, again converted by Pugh.
Winscombe’s next try came from Rutherford after good work by Pugh, who also added the conversion. The visitors’ bonus point try came from Pugh, again converted to complete the scoring.