Winscombe extend winning sequence with derby victory
Winscombe extended their unbeaten run with victory over near neighbours Cheddar.
Winscombe welcomed local rivals Cheddar to the Rec on a sunny day and recorded an excellent five wicket victory.
Cheddar surprisingly decided to bat first on a damp pitch after winning the toss and the Winscombe bowlers applied pressure from the start.
Jory Cureton (1-36) and Rob Bradley (0-34 off nine overs) were backed up by Jordan Peters (2-49) and the evergreen pairing of Matt Lunn (2-16) and Mike Coe (1-28).
After reaching 60 off 25 overs, Cheddar upped the scoring rate at the end but were only able to reach 165-6 off their 45 overs.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, Winscombe lost an early wicket but McElduff (25) and Cureton (43) continued their good form with a careful partnership. Contributions also came lower down the order from Rob Shephard (30) and Matt Lunn (18 not out) as Ben Goodrum (31 not out) hastened the end with a barrage of boundaries. Winscombe reached their target in the 43rd over for the loss of five wickets.
Winscombe’s T20 Somerset Intermediate Cup final at the County Ground, Taunton, has been put back to August 28, could not dampen Winscombe’s spirits as they stretched their winning streak.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 3 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 4 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 5 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 10 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity