Winscombe fall short in first home match
Winscombe slipped up at home against Middlezoy, going down by 49 runs.
Winscombe welcomed Middlezoy to the Rec for their first home game of the season. The hosts won the toss and asked the visitors to bat.
Excellent opening spells from Bradley (2-26) and Cureton (2-36) kept the runs tight and were supported by Peters, Clough, Fraser and Coe, each taking a wicket.
Some late hitting added more runs, but two run outs contributed to their dismissal for 189 in the last over.
In reply, Winscombe quickly fell to 5-2 to some effective bowling. A good stand from McElduff (52) and Cureton (22) looked promising, but when Cureton was run out wickets continued to fall.
You may also want to watch:
Contributions were also made by Bailey (16) and Clough (11 not out), but Winscombe were all out for a disappointing 140. They will hope for an improved performance against Temple Cloud on Saturday.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences