Winscombe fall short in first home match
Winscombe slipped up at home against Middlezoy, going down by 49 runs.
Winscombe welcomed Middlezoy to the Rec for their first home game of the season. The hosts won the toss and asked the visitors to bat.
Excellent opening spells from Bradley (2-26) and Cureton (2-36) kept the runs tight and were supported by Peters, Clough, Fraser and Coe, each taking a wicket.
Some late hitting added more runs, but two run outs contributed to their dismissal for 189 in the last over.
In reply, Winscombe quickly fell to 5-2 to some effective bowling. A good stand from McElduff (52) and Cureton (22) looked promising, but when Cureton was run out wickets continued to fall.
You may also want to watch:
Contributions were also made by Bailey (16) and Clough (11 not out), but Winscombe were all out for a disappointing 140. They will hope for an improved performance against Temple Cloud on Saturday.
- 1 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 2 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 3 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 4 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 5 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 8 Customers urged to support local pubs, restaurants and cafes to boost hospitality sector
- 9 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 10 Second school site gets approval despite opposition