Winscombe fall well short at home
- Credit: Archant
Winscombe were well beaten by Purnells at The Rec.
WINSCOMBE welcomed Purnells to the Rec where the opposition won a useful toss and decided to bat first.
Winscombe bowled well without much luck, especially for Cureton. After an early wicket for Clough (1-29), Purnells built steadily and increased the rate once Gregory came to the crease.
The hosts stuck to their task well with wickets also for Milnes-Win (2-46), Peters (1-38) and Mike Coe (1-45). Despite this, Purnells posted an imposing 256-6.
In reply, Winscombe lost wickets regularly, with only Bailey (25) and Clough (29), passing 20. In the end, Winscombe were bowled out for 138.
You may also want to watch:
They will hope their batting form returns for the trip to Middlezoy on Saturday.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 5 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 6 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 7 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 10 Grant to provide accommodation for rough sleepers in North Somerset