Winscombe girls in dominant mood
- Credit: Archant
Winscombe Under-18 girls gave a ruthless display of rugby at Drybrook in the National Cup.
Drybrook Under-18s Girls 12 pts
Winscombe Under-18s Girls 69 pts
In the first round of the National Under-18s Cup competition, Winscombe Girls travelled to the Forest of Dean to face Drybrook.
The visitors were in ruthless mood and quickly established a strong lead with tries by Sopie Peters, Florence Long, Izzy Hemms, Hannah Delbridge, Iona Antis and Jess Dadds, with conversions by Lucy Burgess and Delbridge.
You may also want to watch:
Showing considerable spirit, Drybrook rallied after the half-time break and came back into the game with two well-worked tries of their own.
The Winscombe response to this was decisive and they were to score another five tries courtesy of Charlotte Wright-Haley and Dadds, who took her final haul to five in all.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 6 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 7 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 New leadership team for charity
Stiffer competition in the form of Worcester and Cleeve await Winscombe as the competition progresses.