Winscombe girls prove too strong
- Credit: Archant
Winscombe Girls Under-18s proved too strong for Ellingham & Ringwood, running out 89-0 winners.
Ellingham & Ringwood U18s Girls 0 pts
Winscombe U18s Girls 89 pts
WINSCOMBE Under-18s Girls travelled to Ellingham at the weekend to face a combined Hampshire team.
Despite fielding a number of county level and England Under-18 development players, the hosts were unable to cope with Winscombe’s defence, their work rate at the breakdown and their pace out wide.
You may also want to watch:
Winscombe emerged as comfortable winners, running in tries from Jess Anderson (2), Alice Low, Ruby Wilkinson, Amy Godwin (2) and Lucy Burgess, while Jess Dadds and Charlotte Wright-Haley scored hat-tricks. Burgess added all but two conversions in a record win by the Somerset girls.
Ellingham and Ringwood battled to the end and threatened the visitors’ tryline on numerous occasions’ but were kept from scoring by a resolute Winscombe defence.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Weston businesses move online for second lockdown
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released