Winscombe girls prove too strong
- Credit: Archant
Winscombe Girls Under-18s proved too strong for Ellingham & Ringwood, running out 89-0 winners.
Ellingham & Ringwood U18s Girls 0 pts
Winscombe U18s Girls 89 pts
WINSCOMBE Under-18s Girls travelled to Ellingham at the weekend to face a combined Hampshire team.
Despite fielding a number of county level and England Under-18 development players, the hosts were unable to cope with Winscombe’s defence, their work rate at the breakdown and their pace out wide.
You may also want to watch:
Winscombe emerged as comfortable winners, running in tries from Jess Anderson (2), Alice Low, Ruby Wilkinson, Amy Godwin (2) and Lucy Burgess, while Jess Dadds and Charlotte Wright-Haley scored hat-tricks. Burgess added all but two conversions in a record win by the Somerset girls.
Ellingham and Ringwood battled to the end and threatened the visitors’ tryline on numerous occasions’ but were kept from scoring by a resolute Winscombe defence.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 4 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 7 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival