Winscombe girls run out comfortable winners
- Credit: Archant
Winscombe girls Under-15s ran out comfortable 58-0 winners in a game played at Crediton.
Crediton Under-15s Girls 0 pts
Winscombe Under-15s Girls 58 pts
WINSCOMBE girls Under-15s travelled to Crediton for a hastily rearranged game against Crediton.
All credit to both sides who came out in less than ideal conditions and managed to turn in a show of enterprising, attacking rugby with impressive handling on display from both teams.
You may also want to watch:
Ultimately, the girls from Winscombe proved too strong for their Devon hosts and ran in a total of 10 unanswered tries.
After a competitive first 10 minutes, Lucy Burgess opened the scoring for the visitors in the corner following a strong run down the right. Liliana Podpadec added the conversion with an impressive kick from the touchline.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 5 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 6 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
There followed scores from Emily Czechowski, Ellie Darby, Amy Godwin, Hattie Stephens, Chantelle Hartnup and four tries from the formidable Charlotte Wright-Haley, Lucy Burgess adding a further three conversions.
On a day better suited to water polo than running rugby, the best move was initiated by Podpadec, who gathered the ball on her own 10 metre line and made a strong run down the touchline.
The ball was recycled and went through a dozen pairs of hands before Czechowski made the decisive break, but was well tackled short of the line, Beth Woodcock, in support, gathered the ball and fed Amy Godwin to score.
All credit to Crediton who played to the end and whose brave tacking prevented an even larger scoreline.