Winscombe girls top 1,000 points for the season
- Credit: Archant
Winscombe Under-15 girls topped 1,000 points for the season with a emphatic win over Exeter Saracens.
Winscombe U15s Girls 50 pts
Exeter Saracens U15s Girls 15 pts
WINSCOMBE Under-15s girls maintained their unbeaten home record with a resounding win over Exeter Saracens.
Fresh from winning the South West Regional 10s tournament in Devonport the week before, the village girls also passed the impressive milestone of scoring more than 1,000 points in all competitions this season.
You may also want to watch:
Having travelled with only 10 players, Exeter were grateful to accept the offer of some of Winscombe’s players to make up numbers.
Winscombe started brightly and were soon on the scoreboard with tries from Emily Czechowski, Jess Cooksey and Ellie Darby with Lilianna Podpadec adding two conversions. Saracens, not deterred, responded with a try of their own before half-time.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 3 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 4 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 5 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 6 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 7 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 Village's community shop to relocate
- 10 Weston BID column: Walker & Ling owner Sam Walker
Beth Walker sprinted clear down the wing to score first in the second half, before Beth Adams added a hat-trick of tries of her own.
With an interception on the halfway line, Jessie Anderson ran in and finished the scoring for the home team. Ruby Wilkinson added three conversions in her first spell as goal kicker. Exeter Saracens, who were competitive to the end, finished the match with two more tries.
The girls’ attention now switches to Twickenham, where they will represent Fairlands School and Kings of Wessex Academy at the National Schools Championship in three weeks time.