Winscombe held in top of the table clash
Winscombe 2nd XI were denied victory by league leaders Crewkerne.
WINSCOMBE seconds entertained Crewkerne at the Rec, hoping to triumph in this top of the table clash.
The hosts were asked to bat first and peners Coe snr and Hutchinson put together a steady start before Coe was out, to be replaced by Coe jnr, who carried on the momentum.
By the time Coe jnr was out, Winscombe had put on 90 in 15 overs. This brought Bailey to the crease, who took the Crewkerne attack apart. He was ably supported by Bawden and then Reeves and by the time Bailey was out for 85, the damage had been done and Winscombe finished on 243.
In reply, the Crewkerne openers put on 45 off six overs, but the introduction of Coe snr to the attack began to slow the scoring and he took two wickets.
You may also want to watch:
A pause for rain and a reluctance by the Crewkerne batsmen to take to the field, saw them block out for a draw, with both teams finishing on 26 points. The result leaves Winscombe still five points behind Crewkerne at the top of the table.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 5 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 10 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases