Winscombe held up by the rain
Winscombe’s season was ended by the rain, when in a good position against Bridgwater.
WINSCOMBE welcomed Bridgwater A to the Rec on a warm day and upon winning the toss invited the visitors to bat.
Bridgwater struggled on the soft wicket and lost early wicket to Milnes-Win (2-32) and the excellent Peters (3-26). The opening bowlers were well supported when Fraser (1-4) and Clough (1-27) and there were accurate, economical spells from Lunn (7-3-11-1) and Guy Coe (7-2-8-1).
Winscombe gradually worked their way through the batting before Bridgwater were dismissed for 127 in the 44th over.
In reply, Winscombe only had time to reach 5-0 before a thunderstorm left the ground under water and ensured the match ended in a tie.
You may also want to watch:
With no fixture on Saturday, Winscombe look like they will end the season in fourth place, a good effort from a side with many young players.
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 3 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 4 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 5 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 6 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 7 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 8 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 9 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 10 Dog falls off side of Brean Down