Rugby: Winscombe Under 18s lift Somerset Cup
- Credit: Archant
Winscombe under-18s upset their Taunton rivals to win the Somerset Cup.
THey started brightly and scored two tries in the first 15 minutes through Ollie Dark.
Dark forced the first one home from a scrum, moments after Will Pearce was held up on the line with Ollie Wadron kicking the conversion.
And Dark got his second after a Ruach Schofield break, but with the North Somerset side down to 14 men after Harry Wayne picked up a yellow card, Taunton got themselves to within five points of their rivals at half time.
Three unanswered tries in the second half from top try scorer Tulsi Winterson put Winscombe firmly on top, as raced away untouched for a 75 metre interception.
You may also want to watch:
A wonderful crossfield pass from Wadron found Shoji Leach to cross before Taunton got themsleves a consolation.
But Combe had the last word as a try from Oscar Brown sealed a 33-12 victory and the Somerset Cup.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 4 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 5 Restaurant donates meals to key workers, teachers and pupils
- 6 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 7 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 8 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 9 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 10 Mass rollout of Oxford vaccine begins in North Somerset