Winscombe no match for Street
- Credit: Archant
Winscombe were beaten by more than 100 runs in an away match at Street.
Winscombe won the toss against Street on a pitch affected by overnight rain.
After asking the visitors to bat, Winscombe reduced them to 32-3 with some tight bowling, but the Street batsmen recovered well thanks to some quick running and a generous sprinkling of wides.
It took the reintroduction of the controlled aggression of Clough (5-27) to make further inroads. Fraser (2-31) also bowled with good control in picking up his wickets as Street ended on 222-7.
In reply, Winscombe started carefully with Shephard (14) and McElduff (11) putting on 28, but after they were dismissed wickets fell regularly. Bradley (23), Lund (15) and Mike Coe (11) were the only other players into double figures as Winscombe fell to a heavy defeat, being dismissed for 103 to lose by 119 runs.
You may also want to watch:
Winscombe will hope to pick up their first win in next week’s fixture against local rivals Cheddar.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 4 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 5 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 6 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 7 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 8 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 9 Brain tumour survivor Lyra, aged 7, aims to top charts with Christmas charity single
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3