Winscombe regain Parrot Shield after victory over Banwell
- Credit: John Amos
Winscombe men regained the Parrot Shield with victory over Banwell.
The bragging rights of this two-leg affair, at home and away, are separated by two weeks of two matches and the shield has been played between the two clubs since 1967.
This year Winscombe lost at home by 13 shots but at Banwell won on four of the five rinks and by 33 shots to win by 20 overall.
Rob Lacy's rink were 12-1 down after nine ends but won by one shot on the last end.
In the Fear Plate the Ladies lost by two rinks to one against North Petherton but by only five shots overall.
And in the NSTL, they only won on one rink at Portishead RBL and conceded the other two to lose by 13 shots.
Results, Parrot Shield, Winscombe 105 Banwell 72: G Keenan, D Brown, W Andrews, G Coombe 26-13; D Kibbey, D Peakall, B Paul, A Watts 25-10; C Greenwood, P Fredersdorff, W Ainsworth, R Lacy 15-14; M Newing, M Nash, T Stone, M Adams 15-22; P John, D Johnson, M Dorrington, G Neville 24-13.
- 1 Rural bus routes could get axed in proposals drawn up by First Bus
- 2 Educational role play centre is 'welcome boost' to Weston high street
- 3 Toy soldiers 'invade' Weston
- 4 Drug dealer ran operation from Weston flat while tenant was in hospital
- 5 Somerset MP refuses to back 'unimaginative' council funding bid
- 6 Work underway to boost walking and cycling in Weston town centre
- 7 Multiple-room villa-style house in popular area of Weston
- 8 'Unexplained' death at Weston nightclub
- 9 VIDEO: Large chunk of Weston park set alight 'deliberately'
- 10 Bradford man wanted in connection with sexual offence in Weston
Fear Plate, Winscombe 43 N Petherton 52: Tina Darkin, Gill Webb, Shelley Carson, Sue Lowis 14:18; Carol Hopes, Trish Van Haaren, Barbara Smart, Margaret Howell 10-19; Pauline Pow, Yvonne Greenwood, Angela Bougourd, Chrissie Bryant 19-15.
NSTL, Winscombe 42 Portishead RBL 54: Pauline Pow, SJ Stone, Sue Lowis 12-23; Carol Hopes, Angela Bougourd, Angela Ainsworth 11-18; Shelley Carson, Margaret Howell, Chrissie Bryant 20-13.