Winscombe seconds back to winnning ways
Winscombe seconds got back to winning ways with victory at Wells.
WINSCOMBE seconds travelled to Wells hoping to get back to winning ways.
Winning the toss, Winscombe asked Wells to bat and took two early wickets. The visitors proceeded to put in a fine all-round fielding performance, helping to restrict and frustrate the batsman.
With the introduction of George Worle, wickets began to tumble, reducing Wells to 63-7. However, the Wells tail did not give up without a fight and were eventually all out for 115 in 38 overs.
In reply, Winscombe’s openers put down a good platform, taking the total to 40 before Coe was out. The baton was taken on by Worle who took the total to 70 before he was out.
You may also want to watch:
This brought about a batting collapse and Wells looked like they had got themselves back in the game, but the cool heads of Searle (33) and youngster Ben Tothill (11) saw Winscombe home.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 5 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 9 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 10 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront