Winscombe seconds back to winnning ways
Winscombe seconds got back to winning ways with victory at Wells.
WINSCOMBE seconds travelled to Wells hoping to get back to winning ways.
Winning the toss, Winscombe asked Wells to bat and took two early wickets. The visitors proceeded to put in a fine all-round fielding performance, helping to restrict and frustrate the batsman.
With the introduction of George Worle, wickets began to tumble, reducing Wells to 63-7. However, the Wells tail did not give up without a fight and were eventually all out for 115 in 38 overs.
In reply, Winscombe’s openers put down a good platform, taking the total to 40 before Coe was out. The baton was taken on by Worle who took the total to 70 before he was out.
You may also want to watch:
This brought about a batting collapse and Wells looked like they had got themselves back in the game, but the cool heads of Searle (33) and youngster Ben Tothill (11) saw Winscombe home.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Children as young as 11 being targeted by sexual predators, police warn
- 4 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 5 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released