Winscombe slip up at home
Winscombe seconds slipped to defeat by visitors Taunton Andrews.
WINSCOMBE seconds entertained Taunton St Andrews and were asked to bat first after losing the toss.
The start was slow, but openers of Searle and Fraser made steady progress before Fraser was out. Reeves maintained the momentum before Searle fell, with Bailey perishing early, Winscombe looked in trouble.
Reeves and Bawden put together a stand before Bawden was bowled for 36, prompting a swift collapse with Reeves being stranded on 47 not out with Winscombe collapsing to 145 all out.
In reply, Taunton made steady progress with Woodland and Weetch looking secure, before Mayne made the breakthrough. Weetch soon followed with Boutcher picking up a wicket.
You may also want to watch:
However, this brought Maslen to the crease, unfortunately Winscombe were unable to contain him and by the time he was out, the damage had been done Taunton St Andrews won in the 39th over.
- 1 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 2 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 3 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 4 Weston Hospicecare postpones Men's March due to possible lockdown extension
- 5 Cosmetics company creates candle to raise cash for Weston Hospicecare
- 6 Community shop seeks new manager
- 7 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 8 Schools advised not to use mass testing as an alternative to isolation
- 9 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 10 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats