Winscombe well beaten in derby encounter
Winscombe fell 121 runs short in their derby encounter with Cheddar.
WINSCOMBE travelled to a windswept Sharpham Road ground to face local rivals Cheddar and were well beaten by 121 runs.
After inserting the opposition, Winscombe exerted early pressure and restricted the run rate. However, Harris (39) and Panes (50) made the most of some good fortune to form a strong second wicket partnership.
When Winscombe did make the breakthrough it brought former player Veale to the crease. His composed score of 65 was crucial in lifting Cheddar to a strong total of 229-6.
Clough, Peters, Cureton and Bradley each took one wicket, with Milnes-Win bowling well at the death to claim 2-45.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, Winscombe made good early progress through Coe (15) and Shephard (30), but wickets soon fell at a rapid rate to some accurate bowling on the deteriorating wicket.
The returning Goodrum (12) and Lunn (23 not out) added some runs later on, but the result was never in doubt. Winscombe were all out for 108 and will hope for an improved performance at home on Saturday.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
- 3 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 4 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 5 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 6 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 7 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 8 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 9 Free workshops to raise awareness of seasonal affective disorder
- 10 Have your say on health services in Somerset