Winter league success for Cheddar tennis
- Credit: Archant
Cheddar Tennis Club enjoyed a successful winter season with their A team gaining promotion.
CHEDDAR Tennis Club finished the winter season with strong performances from all their mixed teams in the North Somerset League.
The A team won Division 2 with the loss of only one match and are promoted, while the B team finished third in Division 3 and the C team fourth in Division 4.
In the veterans league, after many frustrating postponements due to bad weather and just a couple of results outstanding, Cheddar are set for promotion as runners-up in Division 2.
The club has a full programme of tennis for all ages and abilities throughout the summer, starting with a three-day Easter holiday course for children from April 14-16 and an open day for adults as well as children on May 10. There is also weekly coaching for adults and children and social club tennis sessions every week.
You may also want to watch:
The club welcomes new members. For more information, contact Jennie Colton 01934 742703.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 4 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 5 Restaurant donates meals to key workers, teachers and pupils
- 6 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 7 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 8 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 9 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 10 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter