Winter series at Shiplate
- Credit: Archant
Shiplate Farm’s Winter Series was greeted with mild weather for the anglers.
MILD but damp weather was the setting for round seven of Shiplate Farm’s Winter Series.
Anglers during the week had been struggling to get carp to feed, so it was always going to be a match for the silvers and bream.
With the match being on the Main Lake, several good sized bream were weighed in, including a good seven pounder by Johnny Page and a couple of decent carp were also weighed in by other anglers.
Maggot was the favoured bait by most. The winning bag by Pete Bartlett was all silvers from peg 4a.
You may also want to watch:
Results: Pete Bartlett (peg 4a), 32lb 4oz; Johnny Page (peg 13), 28lb 1oz; Dave Cockayne (peg 5a), 19lb; Rich Hawkins (peg 8), 17lb 6oz; Paul Chapman (peg 3a), 16lb; Steve Howell (peg 14), 15lb 12oz. Silvers went to Paul Chapman 16lb.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 7 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 8 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 9 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse