Winter series at Shiplate
- Credit: Archant
Shiplate Farm’s Winter Series was greeted with mild weather for the anglers.
MILD but damp weather was the setting for round seven of Shiplate Farm’s Winter Series.
Anglers during the week had been struggling to get carp to feed, so it was always going to be a match for the silvers and bream.
With the match being on the Main Lake, several good sized bream were weighed in, including a good seven pounder by Johnny Page and a couple of decent carp were also weighed in by other anglers.
Maggot was the favoured bait by most. The winning bag by Pete Bartlett was all silvers from peg 4a.
You may also want to watch:
Results: Pete Bartlett (peg 4a), 32lb 4oz; Johnny Page (peg 13), 28lb 1oz; Dave Cockayne (peg 5a), 19lb; Rich Hawkins (peg 8), 17lb 6oz; Paul Chapman (peg 3a), 16lb; Steve Howell (peg 14), 15lb 12oz. Silvers went to Paul Chapman 16lb.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 3 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 6 Hospital trust defends patient-to-nurses ratio increase
- 7 Airport to receive £8million grant to 'protect jobs'
- 8 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 9 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 10 Weston shop offering personalised fudge gift boxes