Winter series up and running
The first match of the winter series gets underway at Shiplate Farm Fisheries.
A COOLER day with light breeze gave the anglers at Shiplate Farm Fishery fair conditions in their first match of the winter series.
After a slow start, the lower and middle pegs soon began to pick up, catching off the far bank on pellet. Several of the anglers hooked plenty of carp, but bumping them on the way in, had quite an effect on the overall results.
Results: Darren Greenwood (WSM AA) 67.10lb; Steve Howell (Lands End) 65.8 lb; Simon Ryall (WSM AA) 45.6 lb; Johnny Paige (WSM AA) 40.6 lb; Jeff Wye (WSM AA) 36.10 lb; Don Suther-land (Veals) 34.0lb; Ron Stark (WSM AA) 32.2lb; Jim Doughty (WSM AA) 20.12lb.
The latest open match was held on the Hawthorns (15 pegs).
You may also want to watch:
The match was fished in difficult conditions with a strong gusting south easterly wind pushing up through the canal. Most fish came from the far bank on either maggot or worm.
Results: Lewys Jones 32.6lb; Dave Cockayne 31.4lb; Titch Williams 24.6lb (section winner); Wayne Timmins 21.8lb (silvers winner); Keith Wilson 15.14lb (section winner).
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 7 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 8 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 9 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse