Winter series up and running
The first match of the winter series gets underway at Shiplate Farm Fisheries.
A COOLER day with light breeze gave the anglers at Shiplate Farm Fishery fair conditions in their first match of the winter series.
After a slow start, the lower and middle pegs soon began to pick up, catching off the far bank on pellet. Several of the anglers hooked plenty of carp, but bumping them on the way in, had quite an effect on the overall results.
Results: Darren Greenwood (WSM AA) 67.10lb; Steve Howell (Lands End) 65.8 lb; Simon Ryall (WSM AA) 45.6 lb; Johnny Paige (WSM AA) 40.6 lb; Jeff Wye (WSM AA) 36.10 lb; Don Suther-land (Veals) 34.0lb; Ron Stark (WSM AA) 32.2lb; Jim Doughty (WSM AA) 20.12lb.
The latest open match was held on the Hawthorns (15 pegs).
You may also want to watch:
The match was fished in difficult conditions with a strong gusting south easterly wind pushing up through the canal. Most fish came from the far bank on either maggot or worm.
Results: Lewys Jones 32.6lb; Dave Cockayne 31.4lb; Titch Williams 24.6lb (section winner); Wayne Timmins 21.8lb (silvers winner); Keith Wilson 15.14lb (section winner).
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 3 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 6 Hospital trust defends patient-to-nurses ratio increase
- 7 Airport to receive £8million grant to 'protect jobs'
- 8 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 9 Weston shop offering personalised fudge gift boxes
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait