Winter series victory for Pete
- Credit: Archant
The final of the Shiplate Winter Series began with the competitors having to break the ice in their swims.
THE final of the Shiplate Winter Series began with the competitors having to break the ice in their swims as the hard frost had frozen the complex near Weston.
In cold conditions, the match on the Main Lake was tense, but friendly rivalry and banter lightened the mood as the anglers took their pegs for the title of overall winner in the popular winter series.
The actual match gave the following results: John Hawkins (peg 1) 10lb; joint second - Tom Light (peg 4) 6lb 3oz
and Julian Pinkett (peg 5a) 6lb 3oz. Silvers went to Russ Peck (peg 6) 6lb 10oz.
You may also want to watch:
The overall winner of the Winter Series was Pete Bartlett, followed by Steve Howell and Julian Pinkett.
Overall silvers winner of the Winter Series was Tom Light, ahead of Russ Peck and Julian Pinkett.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 5 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 6 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 7 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
The Shiplate Summer Series starts in May with lots of open matches to be enjoyed throughout the summer. Call 07895 852162 for more details.